Pulling Out All the Stops with NEC Display’s Retail Solutions
NEC Display Solutions set out to design a new retail space in its headquarters pulling together the newest technologies geared towards the retail environment to showcase the variety of possibilities available. Through this, retailers are able to provide their customers with unforgettable experiences while learning more about their own business – including ALP, the analytics tool that uses sensors to target promotions to individual shoppers.
- The Challenge: Create a space at NEC Display's Briefing Center showcasing retail solutions to help retailers create customized experiences for their customers, including targeted promotions.
- Solution: Multiple applications:
- (1) NEC V484-T 48-inch touch-integrated large-screen display with protective glass shows the dashboard for ALP Platform solution by Peerless-AV kiosk mount
- (4) NEC UN552S 55-inch ultra-narrow-bezel displays in a 2x2 video wall solution
- (1) NEC V554-RPI 55-inch commercial-grade large-format display with Raspberry Pi Compute Module and Screenly digital signage solution for Raspberry Pi
- (1) NEC V754Q 75-inch ultra-high-definition professional display
- (1) NEC V484 with protective glass
- NEC ALP, with analytics utilizing computing from Intel and Brightsign, CMS Signagelive, content by ALMO and mobile sensors from Bluefox io.
- Partner technologies: 22miles, CSI, Intel, Peerless-AV, Screenly
- Result: A showcase demonstrating the various uses for digital signage and displays in retail, including applications for the sharing of content and advertising; wayfinding solutions; and an analytics-based platform that uses demographic data captured by multiple sensors to create an engaging experience for shoppers.
When NEC Display Solutions set out to design its new headquarters, it had a specific goal in mind: to create multiple environments that would showcase its spectrum of technologies for each of the industries it serves.
For retail, this meant pulling together the best and newest technologies in NEC Display's portfolio. With the variety and variable configurations of products available, retailers are able to create endless possibilities, providing their customers with unforgettable experiences while learning more about their own business – including through a cutting-edge analytics tools that use sensors to target promotions to individual shoppers.
Featured prominently in the Briefing Center – front and center when guests visit the headquarters – NEC Display's retail vignette pulls all the stops. Set up to mimic a small retail area, complete with NEC Display merchandise on shelves, the vignette makes guests feel as if they have actually stepped into a high-tech retail space.
When first entering the retail vignette a prodigious 2x2 video wall comprising NEC Display's UN551S-TMX4P ultra-narrow-bezel displays greets visitors. The narrow bezels on the wall make the arrangement's striking impression possible, as the edges of each display all but melt away while showing the bright and brilliant images on the screens. Just as importantly,
NEC Display color calibration tools like SpectraViewII ™ help synchronize the color of each display to ensure a consistent appearance.
Less noticeable, but equally important, is a live demonstration of NEC Display's ALP (Analytics Learning Platform).ALP is an anonymous business intelligence platform that provides key insights based upon on human behaviors inside brick and mortar environments. ALP helps your physical space become personal, efficient, dynamic and smart. All thanks to a proven ecosystem that harnesses sensors, data and smart content. With ALP, you'll be collecting valuable, actionable data to make your spaces and places more profitable. Traffic numbers, impressions, dwell time and demographic data all help you make faster, better business decisions. It all comes together in a real-time dashboard. Think of it as your brick and mortar's central nervous system.
Additionally, the V554 commercial-grade large-format display shows off its versatility, with this particular model sporting the optional Raspberry Pi compute module, turning it into a powerhouse for content and making up one more piece of the ALP ecosystem. Finally, the V484-T sits off to the side in a kiosk enclosure by Peerless-AV, equipped with a protected touchscreen. This kiosk provides an interactive exhibit where visitors can click through various menus to see the dashboard of the ALP platform.
The retail venue is perhaps the most powerful demonstrator of NEC Display's full-solution philosophy, showcasing the company's strong industry relationships with cutting-edge technology like NEC ALP. "Going beyond hardware and harnessing the power of data analytics is ushering digital signage into a new era", said Kelly Harlin NEC Display Analytics Platform Strategist.
"With NEC ALP and the rest of our portfolio of retail solutions, we're changing the way the industry views digital signage," Harlin said. "Far from just providing a display, NEC ALP ensures retailers' content and messages are delivered to shoppers at the optimal moment to influence purchasing decisions, and in turn delivering clearer and more actionable analytics and metrics for store operators."