NEC Display Solutions of America, a leading provider of commercial LCD display and projector solutions, announced today a new generation of P Series projectors for corporate boardrooms, higher education classrooms and government training facilities.
The new P Series projectors feature the P401W, P451X, P451W and P501X models, boasting up to a 29 percent increase in brightness over the previous generation units, the addition of the P451W (a 4,500-lumen projector in WXGA native resolution), and improved contrast ratios from 2000:1 to 4000:1. Improved connectivity (two HDMI with HDCP) also allows for simultaneous digital connections of high-definition sources, such as Blu-ray players, cable boxes, satellite receivers and computers.
In addition, Advanced AccuBlendTM ensures detailed images when non-native resolution sources are connected to the projector.
“NEC’s commitment to innovation is matched only by the creativity of the educators, trainers and businesspeople using our products to impart knowledge and achieve success,” said Rich McPherson, Senior Product Manager for Projectors at NEC Display Solutions. “We have designed the P Series projectors for long life with such features as the virtually maintenance-free filter, which reduces the necessity for frequent cleanings. The result is a lower total cost of ownership.”
In fact, with ECO Mode™ technology, the P Series projectors’ lamp and filter life are extended up to 6,000 hours, and the filter does not need to be changed until the lamp has reached its end of life. Carbon savings are calculated automatically, enriching the projectors’ eco-friendliness. The increased brightness and contrast ratio make for dynamic presentations while bringing extreme definition to all inputs. Additionally, quick start (3 to 4 seconds) and direct power-off let users present and move on within seconds.
The P401W, P451X, P451W and P501X include the following features:
- Up to 4000:1 contrast ratio
- Dual connector inputs (HDMI with HDCP), which ensure quick switching between presentations
- Four audio inputs (mini stereo, R/L and HDMI), which make it easy to add sound to enhance presentations
- Powerful 16w speakers, which provide volume needed for large rooms
- Cornerstone correction, which allows for horizontal, vertical and diagonal image correction for alignment of images even when the projectors are set up at an angle to the screen
- Vertical lens shift, which provides for flexible installation
- Direct power off, which provides instantaneous shutdown of the projectors
- Power management, which enables projectors to automatically turn off when an incoming signal is not detected from any of the inputs
- Lower power consumption (0.2W in standby mode), which minimizes energy costs
- Carbon savings meter, which calculates the positive effects of operating the projectors in ECO Mode
- Advanced networking capabilities, which include integrated RJ45 connection for quick connection to the LAN, and remote diagnostics, which enable the user to monitor and make adjustments to the projectors remotely
- Image Express Utility software, which provides wired and wireless data transmission via peer-to-peer or over the network
- Virtual RemoteTM, which allows the user to control the projectors directly from a computer without the need for additional control cables
- USB viewer and USB input
The P401W, P451X, P451W and P501X ship with a 3-year limited parts and labor warranty and will be available in April 2013 at a minimum advertised price of $1,799, $1,799, $2,049 and $2,199, respectively. The lamp is covered for 1 year or 500 hours, whichever comes first.
Education customers can receive an additional year on their warranties. Meanwhile, Star Student customers can receive an additional two years on their warranties with product registration. To qualify, visit www.necstarstudent.com for registration details.
About NEC Display Solutions of America, Inc.
Headquartered in Itasca, Ill., NEC Display Solutions of America, Inc., is a leading designer and provider of innovative desktop LCD monitors, commercial- and professional-grade large-screen LCD displays, a diverse line of multimedia and digital cinema projectors, and integrated display solutions. NEC Display Solutions develops leading-edge visual technology and customer-focused solutions for a wide variety of markets, including enterprise, healthcare, education and digital signage. For additional information about NEC Display Solutions of America products, call (866) NEC-MORE, or visit the website at www.necdisplay.com. For digital images, please visit http://necdisplay.com/digital-media-library. Follow us on our social media channels: Facebook, YouTube, Twitter and LinkedIn.
VUKUNET, from NEC Display Solutions of America, is the engine that powers the digital out-of-home advertising business. VUKUNET is the only universal ad serving platform that drives ads to any digital out-of-home network, regardless of content management system. VUKUNET makes the buying, flighting and reporting of digital out-of-home ad campaigns easy. For additional information about VUKUNET, please visit www.vukunet.com, or call (877) 805-VUKU. For VUKUNET logos and digital images, please visit http://www.vukunet.com/pressresources.aspx.