NEC Display Solutions of America, a leading provider of commercial LCD display and projector solutions, announced today the Food & Drug Administration 510(k) market clearance of the 21.3-inch MultiSync® MD215MG medical diagnostic display for the displaying and viewing of digital mammography images for diagnosis by trained physicians.
This 5-megapixel medical diagnostic display was created for medical imaging and Picture Archiving and Communication System (PACS) in hospitals, doctor offices, urgent care centers and other healthcare facilities. The MD215MG is factory calibrated to the DICOM grayscale function for luminance and includes a front sensor to maintain a calibrated brightness and an ambient light sensor that automatically adjusts the display's brightness based on existing lighting conditions.
"The clearance of the MD215MG marks the second FDA certification for the MultiSync MD Series this year, which is a testament to NEC's commitment to continually advancing the medical display market," said Art Marshall, Product Manager for Professional Desktop and Medical Displays at NEC Display Solutions. "The MD215MG is designed specifically with healthcare professionals in mind and offers reliable screen performance with functional technologies that are required to be productive in digital mammography."
A partial list of features for the MultiSync MD215MG includes:
- 21" (21.3" VIS) IPS panel
- Factory calibrated to the DICOM grayscale function for luminance
- 2560 x 2048 native resolution
- 1100 cd/m² brightness (500 cd/m² calibrated)
- Factory adjusted uniformity control provides accurate imaging across the screen
- Built-in front sensor ensures stable calibrated brightness for the life of the display
- Built-in ambient light sensor automatically adjusts the display's brightness based on existing lighting conditions, reducing energy consumption
- 11.9-bit internal LUT with 256 levels of gray
- DVI-D input and USB hub
- Protective panel prevents accidental damage to the screen
- Medical certifications, including CE-MDD 93/42/EC, Ul60601-1 and FDA 510(k) clearance for mammography
- Restriction on Hazardous Substances (RoHS) compliant
- Five-year limited warranty with Advanced Overnight Exchange
The MD215MG is available at an estimated street price of $13,799, which includes the MDCHROMA5 sensor for use with GammaCompMD™ QA quality assurance software. The display ships with a 5-years parts and labor warranty with Advanced Overnight Exchange, which is one of the best warranties in the industry.
About NEC Display Solutions of America, Inc.
Headquartered in Itasca, Ill., NEC Display Solutions of America, Inc., is a leading designer and provider of innovative desktop LCD monitors, commercial- and professional-grade large-screen LCD displays, a diverse line of multimedia and digital cinema projectors, and integrated display solutions. NEC Display Solutions develops leading-edge visual technology and customer-focused solutions for a wide variety of markets, including enterprise, healthcare, education and digital signage. For additional information about NEC Display Solutions of America monitors, consumers can call (866) NEC-MORE, or visit the website at www.necdisplay.com. For digital images, please visit http://necdisplay.com/digital-media-library.
VUKUNET, from NEC Display Solutions of America, is the engine that powers the digital out-of-home advertising business. VUKUNET is the only universal ad serving platform that drives ads to any digital out-of-home network, regardless of content management system. VUKUNET makes the buying, flighting and reporting of digital out-of-home ad campaigns easy. For additional information about VUKUNET, visit www.vukunet.com or call (877) 805-VUKU. For VUKUNET logos and digital images, please visit http://www.vukunet.com/pressresources.aspx.