NEC Display Solutions of America, a leading provider of commercial LCD display and projector solutions, announced today the 24-inch MultiSync® PA242W color accurate display and color critical PA242W-BK-SV display solution with SpectraViewII™ calibration software and sensor.
The PA242W display is built on a GB-R LED backlight, which provides a wider color gamut and more color control than a conventional white LED backlight.
Suitable for applications where accurate color is necessary such as photography, retouching, video editing and pre-press, the MultiSync PA242W monitor offers a robust design with a fully ergonomic stand for added comfort during use. It also features a
1920 x 1200 resolution and 10-bit wide color gamut LCD panel that provides the accurate, vibrant colors that professionals require.
In addition, the MultiSync PA242W showcases the time-saving features common to the MultiSync PA Series displays, including the ability to load ICC profiles to emulate custom color spaces and easily match image prints, as well as offering factory-calibrated digital uniformity correction and five customizable Picture Mode presets.
“The PA242W’s greater color gamut and color control provide trusted color reproduction, empowering photographers and other graphics users to focus on their work,” said Art Marshall, Product Manager of Professional and Medical Desktop Monitors at NEC Display Solutions. “The simple print matching and built-in KVM feature improve their overall productivity as well.”
The free MultiProfiler software, exclusive to the MultiSync P & PA Series, provides easy-to-use control over most display settings, including print matching with Picture Mode presets as well as Picture in Picture (PIP) and Picture by Pcture (PBP) window configuration. MultiProfiler also allows users to manage the monitor’s USB hub and enables keyboard shortcuts for changing inputs and Picture Modes. The ICC profile support in MultiProfiler offers MultiSync PA242W users an easy way to match prints.
The MultiSync PA242W and PA242W-BK-SV include the following features:
- GB-R LED backlight for wider gamut and more color control
- 1920 x 1200 resolution
- 340 cd/m² brightness and 1000:1 contrast ratio
- 10-bit active matrix AH-IPS panel
- Near perfect (99.3%) coverage of Adobe RGB and 100% of sRGB color space
- Internal 14-bit programmable 3D lookup table (LUT)
- Comprehensive input panel, including 10-bit DisplayPort (HDCP), 10-bit HDMI (HDCP), DVI-D (HDCP) and VGA
- Built-in USB hub (2 up, 3 down) with DisplaySync Pro to control two computers with only one keyboard and mouse
- Picture in Picture and Picture by Picture capabilities, which allow two video signals to be viewed simultaneously in a secondary window configuration
- ICC Profile Emulation
- 4-way ergonomic stand (150mm height-adjust with locking base, tilt, swivel and pivot) with quick-release capability
- AmbiBright™ ambient light sensor, which automatically adjusts the displays’ brightness based on external lighting conditions
- SpectraViewII Color Calibration Solution, which includes software and colorimeter to provide automated monitor matching and calibration for accurate, consistent and repeatable color performance (included with PA242W-BK-SV)
- Optional accessories, which include a Mini DisplayPort to DisplayPort cable (PA-MDP-CABL) for connecting devices using Mini DisplayPort or Thunderbolt technology, display hood (HDPA212426), SpectraViewII software (SVII-SOFT), NEC custom colorimeter (MDSVSENSOR3) and complete SpectraViewII Color Calibration Solution (SVII-PRO-KIT)
The MultiSync PA242W and PA242W-BK-SV ship with a 4-year limited parts and labor warranty and are now available at an estimated street price of $1,049 and $1,299, respectively.
About NEC Display Solutions of America, Inc.
Headquartered in Itasca, Ill., NEC Display Solutions of America, Inc., is a leading designer and provider of innovative desktop LCD monitors, commercial- and professional-grade large-screen LCD displays, a diverse line of multimedia and digital cinema projectors, and integrated display solutions. NEC Display Solutions develops leading-edge visual technology and customer-focused solutions for a wide variety of markets, including enterprise, healthcare, education and digital signage. For additional information about NEC Display Solutions of America products, call (866) NEC-MORE, or visit the website at www.necdisplay.com. For digital images, please visit http://necdisplay.com/digital-media-library. Follow us on our social media channels: Facebook, YouTube, Twitter and LinkedIn.
VUKUNET, from NEC Display Solutions of America, is the engine that powers the digital out-of-home advertising business. VUKUNET is the only universal ad serving platform that drives ads to any digital out-of-home network, regardless of content management system. VUKUNET makes the buying, flighting and reporting of digital out-of-home ad campaigns easy. For additional information about VUKUNET, visit www.vukunet.com, or call (877) 805-VUKU. For VUKUNET logos and digital images, please visit http://www.vukunet.com/pressresources.aspx.